Monday, March 17, 2008

The 30 second slipper



the slipper song

He went out screaming. they tazed him. the Miami audience watched silent, some filming as the 5 or 6 cops
brought him ‘under control’. He was resisting arrest, afterall. resisting for having opened his big mouth during a political speech with John Kerry.
I saw that on my little computer screen and was mezmerised. The following day I went to buy a pair of slippers for my son.
At home he put it on and 5 minutes after the slipper broke.
music
The next day I return to the store. I don’t have the receipt but I tell the manager that
he sold me defective merchandise.
I tell him last month Matel recalled 850,000 toys, many being Barbie accessories.
recall music
He tells me ‘No Mister, No Mister, can’t do anything for you" and he spits out his store
policy like some kind of unraveled toilet paper
I warn him not knowing that the juices of the the Miami incident were flowing in my blood, in my brain;
social and economic injustice was burning on my lips and for all my life I had been
a silent pillow case, saying nothing, nodding, accepting whatever and all et alles
I warn him that he will regret this
loose sales
loose clients
I warn him

music crescendo

I rush down to the slipper section where an old lady is browsing.
I hold out my broken slippers and say:
"Hey lady, watch out, broken slippers here"
She looks at me with watered eyes, acknowledgeing she walks away.
walking away music
The security guard arrives
He’s suddenly pushing me
pushing me back, I resist
what! Am I on youtube!
I hold back. Am I buffering?
Buffering in a shoe store?
"Leave me alone brother, don’t taze me!" I hear in my ear
But he is pushing me hard and, in front of all the people I back
out, my hand holding the broken slippers in the air.
Tibet is now arising
Where can I ever go to buy a slipper?
disfunctional music

No comments: